Just saw a great feature pop up on NintendoLife by Damien McFerran.

Well worth a read and certainly worth drooling over the pictures. ;)
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/feature_take_a_tour_of_the_uks_most_incredible_retro_game_store

A small snippet of the full article:

As one of the UK's top tourist destinations, the walled city of York attracts millions of visitors each year, most drawn to its fascinating historic architecture, excellent shops, fantastic tea-rooms and - of course - its majestic Gothic cathedral, which is one of the largest of its kind in Northern Europe. Among the myriad delights tucked away in its narrow, maze-like medieval streets you'll find an unlikely retro gaming nirvana; located on Gillygate, a stone's throw from the aforementioned York Minster, lies Sore Thumb Retro Games. Small yet unmissable thanks to its bright-yellow paint job, this remarkable store could well be the UK's best retailer of old-school and vintage games, hardware and memorabilia.
I don't pass that judgment lightly, either. I like to think I know my retro. I started collecting back in the mid-'90s, before retro gaming was even really a "thing"; one of my local game stores was selling off Japanese Mega Drive and Super Famicom titles for £5 a pop and I happily snapped up several games I'd pined over during the earlier part of the decade but had never been able to afford; now these systems were unfashionable thanks to the arrival of the PlayStation, Saturn and N64 so collecting was cheap. From there, my haul grew over the decades and I cast my net further afield, heading down to London on several occasions to visit the legendary Rathbone Place CEX store as well as its dedicated - but sadly short-lived - retro outlet a few streets away (this was long before CEX shifted away from imports and into the realm of DVD and mobile phone sales, it should be noted). The arrival of the web saw me purchasing the vast majority of my burgeoning collection via eBay or other online resellers, and until very recently I've struggling to find any brick-and-mortar stores which can match the glory days of the '90s - until now.