So, huh, first post here. Please be gentle :) Not sure if this is the right place/allowed to post this.

So I've got some English homework that I need to finish, and I'm sorta stuck at these 2 tasks:
Task 1:

The following story is written in passive voice. Rewrite the sentences into active voice, where possible.

Example:

He is being deceived by his own friends.

His own friends are deceiving him.

STORY OF THE HAMBURGER

The hamburger is the most eaten food in the whole world. The first hamburgers were made and sold in Connecticut in 1895 by an American called Louis Lassen. Louis called them hamburgers because he was given the recipe by sailors from Hambourg in Germany.

Hamburgers became a favourite meal in America in the early part of the twentieth century. Their popularity grew even more after the second world war, when they were bought in large quantities by teenagers who preferred fast food to family meals. In 1948 two brothers Dick and Mac Donald opened a drive-in hamburger restaurant in San Bernardino, California.

Since then over 25,000 Mcdonald's restaurants have been opened worldwide and now 35 million MacDonald's hamburgers are eaten every day in 115 countries from India to the Artic Circle.

Please rewrite full sentences.

Sounds pretty simple, right? But I can't seem to wrap my head around the whole active and passive voices. I'll post the second task if I ever get my head around this, so if you have any advice or tips for me, please share.